Saturday, December 04, 2010

Whats up

Finally got down to blog after a long time...It feels so good when you are lucky enough to get a short break from work - your routine life...For last 2 months I had the luxury of doing what I "really" wanted to do...I explored cooking(oohhh its not that easy, especially home kitchen and menu management is a gr8 challenge...my mom/mil needs to be rewarded in a special way) had fun watching my hubby and son's reaction to my new recipes :) I refer to wha reh wah recipes in youtube. the way the chef explains the recipe might sound funny but if you try out the same it comes out very well. The best chef I have ever seen and admired is always my Mom and I keep bugging her for her traditional recipes. It is very difficult to get her level of perfection, patience and passion in cooking.
Had all my time for my son, had great fun playing with him, went through the pain/pleasure of putting him in playschool, unlearning-learning things from/with him. explored bit of gardening/interiors etc...(when u really dont know what to do you can always try doing whatever you want to :)
Got time to read few books
  • God of Small things - enjoyed reading it. Admired the way Arundhati Roy narrates an instance - be in emotional,political,comical,historical in a very beautiful way
  • Devil in Pinstripes (Ravi Subramanian) - hmm interesting...so thats the secret of IIM tag. they know how to tackle the upper crust politics of any company....
  • Honor Thyself (Daniel Steel) - good time pass...a typical novel from Daniel but I always enjoy reading hers..
  • Now reading Amitav Ghosh's 'The Shadow Lines'....
I got time to explore "within" which cant be explained as I am very confused about that at this point of time.
now my peace is slightly getting disturbed as I have to join back soon and get trapped in my routine schedule...:))))

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

>>The best chef I have ever seen and admired is always my Mom

I was honored as "best cook" by your best chef :-)

you see , I am a very humble person :-)

Lakshmi said...

imm :)
then u need to get certified from other 3 chefs of our family-Appa,Raj and me....b'coz mom has honoured them as well....hahahhaha